Since the release of ConfigMgr OSD FrontEnd 1.1.0 a few weeks ago, users have reported a few issues with the new version. These issues have now been resolved in version 1.1.1.
ConfigMgr OSD FrontEnd can be downloaded from the TechNet Gallery using the following link:
ConfigMgr OSD FrontEnd version 1.1.1 includes mostly bug fixes but also a few minor enhancements:
- Fixed a bug when the ComputerNameFromScript application configuration setting failed to determine the location of the SetComputerName.ps1 script file (when path included space characters).
- Fixed a bug where no task sequence deployments would be listed for Unknown computers when using the ConfigMgr WebService 1.2.1.
- From this version and onwards, the ConfigMgr OSD FrontEnd will be signed with a code signing certificate.
- Latest supported version of the ConfigMgr WebService will from this version and onward will not be included in the package. A separate download of the web service is required.
- Added an application manifest file to require elevated privileges when the application is executed.
- Logo for executable changed to SCConfigMgr.com branding.
- Improvements when setting the PowerShell execution during the splash-screen, now shows a message popup box with any errors or warnings that might occur when changing the execution policy (this message box will not cause the application to terminate once it has been acknowledged).
- System.Management.Automation.dll is no longer a required file that needs to be in the working directory of the frontend software. Local assembly will now be referenced instead.
If you have an idea that you think would be suitable for this application, please contact me on twitter or via email to further discuss how we can make that happen.
ConfigMgr OSD FrontEnd 1.1.1 requires ConfigMgr WebService 1.2.1. Earlier versions of the web service will not working properly together with this version of the frontend. You can download ConfigMgr WebService from below:
ConfigMgr WebService 1.2.0 (full)
ConfigMgr WebService 1.2.1 (patch)
Documentation and usage
Embedded in the download package for ConfigMgr OSD FrontEnd is a PDF file called ConfigMgr OSD FrontEnd 1.1.1 – Documentation. This file contains all the information regarding how to get started, detailed explanation of how to use the frontend and some tips and tricks.
Not sure if this is the place for a feature request or not, but during the preflight, if a computer fails out of the model check could you display the model name below the check?
Right now it is either guess and check for new models I am adding or disable the preflight and get it on the next screen.