We’re proud to announce the release of ConfigMgr OSD FrontEnd version 1.5.0.
More information about ConfigMgr OSD FrontEnd is available on the following page, including download link and release notes:
Below is a list of enhancements and new features made available in this release:
- New Harddisk section that allows for selecting what hard-disk the operating system image should be installed to. This section detects all available physical disks on the system and displays them in a datagrid.
- Authenticate section has been improved to support an Enter keystroke that triggers the Log in button without manually clicking it. In addition, this section now includes a new feature that counts the amount of remaining login attempts. When the specified amount of failed login attempts is reached, the frontend will display a message and then shutdown causing the system to restart.
- Authenticate group box is now called User authentication instead of previous Windows authentication, this change was introduced for a more convenient end user experience.
- Preflight section has been improved and now features a datagrid showing either red or green depending on the state of each check that has been enabled. This change aligns better with the overall design of the frontend and supports for future additional checks to be added without a graphical change in the controls used. In addition, a new application configuration setting is added to allow for automatically bypassing the Preflight section if all checks passed.
- Application section has been improved and now supports specifying if a whole group of applications should be pre-selected in the frontend. Additionally, configuring individual mandatory and/or pre-selecting applications is now included in the AppConfig.xml. This removes the requirement of specifying mandatory apps in the OSDFrontEnd.exe.config file and can more dynamically be handled like with the other XML configuration files on a remote server. With this change, the AppsMandatory and AppsMandatoryLock application configuration settings are now deprecated and should not be used from this version and onward.
- A new application configuration setting named DirectoryDNRoot has been added to specify the starting distinguished root for the Directory section.
- A Refresh button has been added to the Directory section to re-load the directory data from the domain controller.
- Computer section label next to the computer name field has been changed to Name of the computer.
- New computer details have been added to show status for TPM ownership, if the TPM chip is enabled and if it’s activated.
- When the computer name is being validated against Active Directory, if an object with the specified name already exists, the description of that object is displayed in the message that appears.
- The main progress bar is now shown when the frontend is loading task sequence details, this was not the case in previous versions.
- Improved the button style layout for the fly-out admin mode to align with other button styles used in the frontend.
- Added a Refresh button for the Regional section to re-load the XML configuration from RegionalConfig.xml.
- Improvements to the XML load behavior of the frontend has been made. If there’s a parsing error or file missing or not found issue, an error message is displayed.
- Fixed an issue where the frontend would crash if the Directory section was enabled and the user would click on the top-level domain name in the tree view.
- Fixed an issue where the frontend would crash if the wrong password for an user was entered in the Authenticate section.
- Fixed an issue where the computer name would not be retrieved from ConfigMgr when the computer entry was manually imported using the MacAddress identifier.
- Fixed an issue where the Application section would show retired applications.
- Fixed an issue where the keyboard layout was not loaded quick enough and would populate with a value a few seconds after the frontend was visible to the end user.
- The following is a list of the new application configuration settings that have been added in this version:
- These application configuration settings have been deprecated in this version:
ConfigMgr OSD FrontEnd 1.5.0 requires ConfigMgr WebService 1.7.0. You can download ConfigMgr WebService from below:
Documentation and usage instructions
Embedded in the download package for ConfigMgr OSD FrontEnd is a PDF file called ConfigMgr OSD FrontEnd 1.5.0 – Documentation. This file contains all the information regarding how to get started, detailed explanation of how to use the frontend and some tips and tricks.