We’re proud to announce the release of ConfigMgr OSD FrontEnd version 1.6.0.
More information about ConfigMgr OSD FrontEnd is available on the following page, including download link and release notes:
Below is a list of enhancements and new features made available in this release:
New features and improvements
- New Security section is now available that allows for setting a BitLocker PIN.
- Re-ordering of sections / tabs is now supported and configured through the application setting called ApplicationTabsOrder. Read more about this new feature further down in this document.
- A change has been made in the core structure of how the frontend is handling the TS Environment. From this version and onwards, whenever the frontend detects an event that changes or sets a desired value for a TS Environment variable, it’ll now be set immediately instead of like it was previously handled where all gathered TS Environment data would all be configured when the Apply button was clicked. This new change together with the section ordering, allows for a more dynamic and automated computer naming configuration using the ComputerNameFromScript application setting allowing the SetComputerName.ps1 script to tap into the TS Environment and read variable configuration data already set by for instance a selection made from the Regional section (assuming it’s been configured to be above the Computer section).
- Harddisk section now includes a feature to completely clean a selected disk. Additionally, sorting by disk number is now default.
- Logging in the frontend have been improved in this version and will continue to be improved in the future. Additionally, you can now open the log file directly from within the Admin panel.
- Support for reading manufacturer and model data from Intel NUC hardware.
- User section now support automatic user device relation configuration for existing relations between a computer and a device if there’s currently a single relation detected for the current device.
- Directory section has been improved and now has its own DirectoryConfig.xml which supports multiple domain selection.
- Roles section now supports default selection for type and selected role (if it’s available) all configurable with two new application settings.
- When ComputerNameLock was set to True and an existing computer name could not be detected from ConfigMgr or the MDT database, the computer name field would be left blank with no possibility to enter a name manually.
- When ComputerNameLock was set to True and ComputerNameByScript set to True as well, clicking the Validate button would re-enable the computer name field.
- User section data grid showing any existing user device relation would populate the same entries multiple times when switching section and entering the User section again.
- Application would crash if SetComputerName.ps1 script returned an error instead of a string.
- Selected OU field in the Directory section would not show the complete path as the text field was wrapping the content.
- In a 32-bit boot image, cmtrace.exe would attempt to be opened from the x64 folder instead of the correct i386 folder.
New application settings
Deprecated application settings
ConfigMgr OSD FrontEnd 1.6.0 requires ConfigMgr WebService 1.7.0 or newer. You can download ConfigMgr WebService from below:
Documentation and Usage Instructions
Embedded in the download package for ConfigMgr OSD FrontEnd is a PDF file called ConfigMgr OSD FrontEnd 1.6.0 – Documentation. This file contains all the information regarding how to get started, detailed explanation of how to use the frontend and some tips and tricks.