DeployEverything HP Driver Download Automation Tool
Following on from the release of the Dell Driver Automation Tool in January, I had a lot of requests for a version for other manufacturers including HP and Lenovo. So here is a heavily modified version of the tool for HP hardware.
When updating the tool I changed a lot of the functions of the GUI, partly due to the fact that HP driver packages are bundled into 7×5 Gx formats but also due to the fact that I had no HP hardware to pull down using an the previous SCCM query. So I have removed the tabbed sections for models and MDT and replaced it with a single tab with a model listing determined by your OS selection, matching available driver packages within the HP driver XML.
The script works by downloading the HP SCCM Driver Cabinet, extracting the XML, reading in the XML and doing some other bits in the background to display the full list of HP driver packages in an easy to read format. So summarise it does the following;
The tool automates the following processes;
- Downloads the HP SCCM Driver Pack Cabinet
- Extracts the contained XML and reads in the file
- Displays HP Driver Packages based on the OS selection within the GUI
- Creates Folders For Each Model
- Downloads the selected model SoftPaq’s
- Extracts the SoftPaqs
- Imports the SoftPaqs into SCCM, MDT or Both
- Create a Category based on the machine model
- Create a Driver Package based on the machine model and OS
- Imports the associated drivers into the newly created Driver Package
The job progress log window will automatically scroll at each step of the process and provide feedback.
Job Importing Drivers into both MDT and SCCM
Job Importing Drivers into MDT
Microsoft Script Library Link –https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/HP-Driver-Automation-Tool-4a14b9cc
How To Run The Script
Launch the script from an administrative PowerShell window using an account with rights to your SCCM site server (if using the SCCM query option).
Enter the name of your SCCM site server and click “Connect to SCCM” if you wish to run an SCCM enabled import job, otherwise select MDT. The list of HP models will auto populate and then select your OS before selecting the model / model family driver packages you require.
Things To Note
- Import driver jobs can take considerable time, this is the same for OEM tools but something to be aware of as the GUI remains static during this process at present. If you are downloading drivers for multiple models you might wish to run this overnight.
- The HP version only downloads driver packages at this stage. I am looking to follow up with BIOS downloads in a later version.
Version 1.0 – Initial release
Version 1.1 – Added Proxy Server Settings. The fields must be filled in, however the system will attempt to use the system proxy settings and default account / NTLM auth before falling back to the credentials entered.
Importing INF Drivers into SCCM
Driver Repository Packages
HP Driver Packages Created
SCCM : HP EliteBook 1030 G1 Driver Pack Contents
MDT: HP EliteBook 1030 G1 Driver Pack Contents