We’re proud to announce the release of ConfigMgr OSD FrontEnd version 1.4.0.
More information about ConfigMgr OSD FrontEnd is available on the following page, including download link and release notes:
Below is a list of enhancements and new features made available in this release:
- New Directory section has been added with a tree view of all organizational units available in the domain where the ConfigMgr WebService is installed. Control whether this section is shown by setting IsDirectoryEnabled to True. Selecting an organizational unit in this section adds the distinguished name to the task sequence variable specified in DirectoryOUVariableName, default using the OSDDomainOUName variable.
- When validating computer names, a message prompt with validation results are now shown instead of the previously colored outline of the text.
- When validating a computer name, support for multiple domains are now available. This is handled backend in the ConfigMgr WebService.
- Fixed a bug that would cause the Previous and Next buttons to be shown even though that the pre-flight checks were not successfully passed.
- New Custom section is added to the frontend. This section is intended for building custom task sequence variables based upon either their existence or a value that is manually set in the frontend.
- Computer name text field can now be locked using the ComputerNameLock application configuration setting with a value of True.
- Fixed a bug in the Authenticate section that would give an error like “The server cannot handle directory requests.””. Extended PowerShell script for auth with [System.DirectoryServices.AccountManagement.ContextOptions]::Negotiate if failed without”.
- Frontend will now show an error message if IsAuthenticationEnabled is set to False and DeployRestricTaskSequenceSelection is set to True. This is to prevent misconfiguration in the OSDFrontEnd.exe.config file when the frontend has been configured to restrict the shown task sequences, but authentication has not been enabled, which is a requirement for that feature.
- Fixed an issue that would cause the frontend to crash when multiple elements existed in the RegionalConfig.xml file that contained the same Name attribute value.
- You can now customize the text for the Apply button using ButtonApplyName.
- The authenticated user in the Authenticate section is now stored in task sequence variable named OSDAuthUser.
- A new data grid is added to the Deployment section showing the selected task sequence details like description and more.
- Fixed an issue in the User section where the value of SMSTSUdaUsers was not set correctly.
- User section text field now has an increased length of characters. This was previously 15 and has now been set to 20.
- A new application configuration setting named AppsMandatoryLock has been added, allowing for applications specified in the AppsMandatory setting to be de-selectable. With this new feature you can automatically pre-select applications in the Apps section but allow for the end-user to deselect them.
- You can now group select multiple applications in the Apps section with a single click in addition to that applications are alphabetically sorted. New icons have also been added to each item in the tree view.
- Due to some minor design changes, the logo size has been modified and is now 353 x 136 px.
- Combo boxes throughout the frontend has been limited to show within the bounds of the application.
ConfigMgr OSD FrontEnd 1.4.0 requires ConfigMgr WebService 1.6.0. You can download ConfigMgr WebService from below:
Documentation and usage
Embedded in the download package for ConfigMgr OSD FrontEnd is a PDF file called ConfigMgr OSD FrontEnd 1.4.0 – Documentation. This file contains all the information regarding how to get started, detailed explanation of how to use the frontend and some tips and tricks.